running boards/tube rails

Old 03-07-04, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
:

Last edited by fordman30; 03-20-04 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-07-04, 07:44 PM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
HELLO DASWEDE WELL MY OPION IS THE TUBE STEPS.IF YOU GET THE WESSON NAME YOU CANT GO WRONG.THEY WILL BOLT STRAIGHT TO YOUR FRAME 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES SO THEYRE IS NO HOLES DRILLED.PLUS YOU WILL HAVE 5 YEAR WARRANTY THAT COMES ALONG WITH THEM AGAINST THE CHROME FLAKING OR CHIPPING.THE WESSON STEP BARS ARE SO STRONG YOU CAN TAKE A CHAIN WRAP IT AROUND YOUR STEP BARS AND PICK YOU TRUCK UP.NOW ON THE SIDE BOARDS YOU WILL HAVE HOLES DRILLED ALL IN YOUR TRUCK AND THE FIRST PERSON WHO JUMPS ON THEM THEY FOLD AND USUALLY THE WARRANTY IS UNTIL THE TAIL LIGHTS DISAPPEAR.I USED TO SELL TRUCK ACC. AND I NEVER DID TALK MY CUSTOMERS IN BUYING THE ALUMINUM RUNNING BOARDS. SO SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA ON THE STEP BARS IT WILL WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN

Old 03-08-04, 06:47 AM
thanks fordman30,
thats the kind of info i was looking for.
daswede

Old 03-08-04, 05:31 PM
fordman30
Visiting Guest
im sure glad that i can help!!!!!!!!! i hope i gave enough info where you want be messed around any..,i mean look at it this way steel is always better than aluminum. dont you agree.

Old 03-09-04, 04:43 AM
Absoultely!!!!!

Thanks

Old 03-29-04, 09:35 AM
pagerboy
Visiting Guest
I have steps on the side that come from the manufacturer and when I go bush riding they are the first thing that hits the dirt.

I watch http://www.truckstv.com/ on Spike tv and the show all kinds of cool stuff and how to install it

Old 03-29-04, 01:15 PM
thanks Paperboy,
i guess iv'e decided on step rails. running boards get gronked too easy and they collect moisture and dirt between boards and rocker panels which leads to rust and rot.

Old 04-23-04, 03:47 PM
pagerboy
Visiting Guest
I think they will look better also. Good luck and post pics.

Old 05-13-04, 10:17 AM
S
Hi,

I have the westin step bars on my pickup... on the drivers side, the flat plastic 'step' piece broke and came off. Does anyone know if I can replace that piece, or do I need a whole new bar?

thanks,

Scott

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: