Ford Bronco can't satart

Old 04-28-04, 07:44 PM
Guz
Visiting Guest
Question Ford Bronco can't satart

I have a Ford Bronco 1985 4x4 Full Size,
Motor = 351 Windsor automatic with carburator.

Last winter was very hard to start the motor each time I needed to do it so.
I had to pump 3 or 4 times the gas pedal in order to get it running, then six times, then 10, 12... in February I had to
pump several times (more than 20) the pedal before to start the motor, sometimes with a explosive sound, shoot gun alike.
Time after, I needed to put a little of gasoline into the carburator, I could start 3 or 4 times this way. Now I can't do it in any way.

I put fresh gasoline, oil, spark plugs.
A friend advised me to check the spark plugs cables, I did it but I don't know how much spark is supposed to see each time somebody turns the switch on... I could see just one little single spark... Is that enough?
I don't know, so I decided to try the way I know best when I test my audio cables continuity.
When I use continuity I can't hear a sound in the pro. But when I try with ohmes I get a .823 and .862 reading. Is that ok?
Anyway, whay could be the problem? or waht should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-29-04, 11:34 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not Moving!

The first thing is to make sure you are getting fuel in the carburetor and the carburetor is functioning properly. After that, my next suspect is a coil that is not functioning right. You should get 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch fat blue spark to the plug or block.

Old 04-30-04, 09:25 AM
Guz
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your respnse, from waht you say I'm going to try the coil first, then the gasoline pump, and then the carburator
(when I read your posting I had the idea to include the gasoline pump).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: