Ford F150 jerking

Old 05-14-04, 04:05 PM
eanmichael
Visiting Guest
Ford F150 jerking

I have a 93 Ford F150 with a 302. starts up OK but starts to shake a little once warmed up, once I start driving it, it wants to jerk and shake, it used to only do it when I got up to about 45-50mph now it does it at even lower speeds, and it wants to stall when I sometimes stop it. Autozone said intake air temp sensor was bad, where is it located on a 302?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-04, 04:07 AM
The sensor is screwed in the intake in front of the throttle body.Buy the new one and you will know what to look for.

Old 05-19-04, 11:23 AM
eanmichael
Visiting Guest
Angry

Thanks! I bought a Hayes manual but it seems to go more with the Bronco than the F-150. Replacing that part didn't fix the problem any ideas, anybody!

Old 05-19-04, 03:58 PM
When was the last time it had a tuneup?Wires,plugs,filters,pcv,cap and rotor.Also check the fuel pressure when the problem occurs by taping the guage to the windshield.

Old 05-19-04, 05:25 PM
eanmichael
Visiting Guest
I replaced the plug, wires, air filter, fuel filter, pcv, IAT sensor, also a temp sensor. I did not replace the cap or rotor, no loose terminals or cracks. With the fuel pressure would it matter if I had dual tanks and it acted up with both of them?

Old 05-20-04, 03:35 AM
while it is unlikely that both fuel pumps may be bad it is possible and the only way to know for sure would be a fuel pressure test and this will also check the fuel pressure regulator to make sure it is regulating the fuel at the correct pressure.
if it has an automatic transmission it is possible that it may be transmission related as torque convertors can go bad and cause the vehicle to shake badly and even die so may want to take it by a local transmission shop and have them test drive the vehicle as they can usually give you a good idea if the problem is transmission related or engine.
short of that i would double check the wires, plugs, cap and rotor, and check the dist for excessive play while you have the cap off grab the rotor and try to move it side to side you shouldnt have any really noticable movement in the dist shaft.

Old 05-23-04, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by eanmichael
I have a 93 Ford F150 with a 302. starts up OK but starts to shake a little once warmed up, once I start driving it, it wants to jerk and shake, it used to only do it when I got up to about 45-50mph now it does it at even lower speeds, and it wants to stall when I sometimes stop it. Autozone said intake air temp sensor was bad, where is it located on a 302?
TPS sensor Throttle Position Sensor...I had a mustang Gt did the very same thing..Did'nt even throw a code i replaced that and all the jumping jerking and dying stopped..