RV towing a Blazer

Old 05-24-04, 06:08 PM
bjmoreh1
Visiting Guest
RV towing a Blazer

Does anyone know the process for removing the steering column lock pin in a 2001 Blazer? If I could find the process to remove the pin it would greatly simplify the setup and lessen the potential for disaster when towing the Blazer behind a motor home.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-04, 06:17 PM
Wouldnt it be easier to disconnect the battery and turn the ignition switch to ON??? Thats the way I would do it.
Removing the pin is not a super easy task, but its not too bad either. There is alot of stuff that has to come off of the column to complete this task.
Billy

Old 05-24-04, 08:08 PM
bjmoreh1
Visiting Guest
That's not a bad idea but it still doesn't solve some of the issues I'm trying to solve. First I would like to not have a key in the ignition. Secondly I would like to have less things for myself (or my wife) to forget or screw up when it comes to hooking and unhooking the vehicle. Third I really do use the clock in the radio but of course its always wrong now and I get tired of constantly reprogramming it. And last but not least I like the idea of investing a little time and not ever having to deal with all these things again.

For these reasons I'm still looking for the procedure to remove the pin. Any suggestions on where to find that?