Lowering a 2004 Ford F150

Old 06-04-04, 09:34 PM
raisins
Visiting Guest
Lowering a 2004 Ford F150

Just purchased a 2004 ford F150 regular cab. I am considering lowering it abit, maybe approx. 3". I feel that it sits alittle too high. By doing this will it change the suspension? Will it make the ride more rough? What would you recommend?

Old 06-05-04, 11:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lowering a F-150

Lowering your truck will definitely change the suspension and the ride of the truck. It could change it for the better or the worse it all depends on the kit you choose and who installs it. The best way to find out about stuff like this is to find some one who has the kit you are considering and find out what they think about it. Another thing to consider is that changing the parts of your suspension and replacing parts could affect your warranty.

Old 06-05-04, 02:40 PM
D
To lower the truck the suspension must be altered,it will ride harsh,scrape the ground when it really shouldn't and the steering geometry will be tossed out the window causing tire wear(big time)and possible(very likely)unsafe handling characteristics.It will void any suspension and possible powertrain warranty.It will most likely cause severe driveline vibration and wear due to the change in driveline angles.Bottom line is lifting or lowering cost more than the actual alteration in lomg term repairs from the damage caused by them.Pinion bearings and u-joints are usually the first to go.My advice is leave it alone or add some steps to the side to make entry easier.

Old 06-05-04, 04:38 PM
It would be easier to trade it in on Chevy Z-71.
For some unknown reason both Ford and Dodge trucks sit higher than my Z.

YET, the off-road clearance underneath is no different!!
GM engineering I guess..................

fred

Hey, I'm just kiddin' a little on the trade.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: