fuel pump position 91 B2200 Mazda

Old 08-26-04, 01:32 PM
gramo
Visiting Guest
fuel pump position 91 B2200 Mazda

My truck --Mazda B2200 2bbl 5 speed stnd. has been killing while riding along. it turns over and will go again, stops and starts. I know a thing or two about repairs. seems to be getting gas. should be fuel pump? is there a way to check that the carborator is getting the correct amount of fuel. and how difficult is it to change the fuel pump. this is the cheapest first option of repair.

Last edited by gramo; 08-26-04 at 02:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-04, 03:14 AM
more information of the problem would help does it die at idle or under acceleration?
does it immediatly start right back up or does it have to crank over a while before starting?
a fuel pump pressure and volume test would need to be done to check the fuel pump.

Old 08-27-04, 08:53 AM
gramo
Visiting Guest
it dies while in acceleration, this just started like 3 days ago. I have to crank it a few times before it will start again. I thought it may have been bad gas at first and just filled it with mid grade, then it ran good for a day. I don't want to keep cranking it b/c I don't want to burn up my starter. I bought a fuel pump last night but from the Haynes Manuel the have 3 different positions for where the fuel pump is located. I haven't had a chance to look if it is on top by the carb or on firewall yet. I'm at work and going to see about changing it after I get off. I may even try to get it back to my house to fix.
(It would be giving me problems in the parking garage in the downtown area)
do you know where the fp is located.
thanks
shawn

Old 08-27-04, 09:26 AM
not sure of the location suggest you just follow your fuel line either from carb or firewall to the fuel pump shouldnt be to hard to locate probably should change the gas filter also if you havent changed it lately.

Old 08-27-04, 09:32 AM
gramo
Visiting Guest
thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. my little truck has 170k miles, smokes a little when first start but have had it over 5 yrs and paid $2K for it. not a bad deal.
I've never had any serious problems with it to date.