94 chev 1500 4x4 starting problems

Old 09-02-04, 09:05 PM
94 chev 1500 4x4 starting problems

5.7,190,000 miles,truck will quit for no reason at low speeds 0-20mph almost like fuel is shut off,no sputtering or bucking just quit running ,will restart after 2-5 minutes as if nothing is wrong,this has went on for 2 months now its getting so bad sometimes have to wait till next day to start.have had it in shop 4 times they have run code check on it and it checks out good,have replaced fuel-filter,screen,pump,fuel pump relay and ignition coil no change,have checked for spark when truck dies and am getting spark,i can hear fuel pump when key turns on.Have got son to turn engine over while i watch injectors No fuel is comin thru injectors(thottle body assist) when truck is in no start mode Have had fuel pressure checked its good Any suggestons would be greatly welcomed

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-04, 04:12 AM
next time the problem occurs check for power at the injectors you can use a test light or a voltmeter just disconnect one of the injectors connect test light or voltmeter to negative side of the battery and probe connector one wire should have power with the key on.
if your have power to the injector I would suspect its losing injector pulse and that you may have a faulty ecm or ignition module you should note wether the check engine light comes on with the key on next time the problem occurs also you could try lightly tapping on the ecm to see if it causes the vehilce to die, I believe it is behind the glove box on this model if it dies or cuts out from tapping on the ecm the ecm will need replaced.

Old 09-03-04, 05:05 PM
I havn't checked for power yet but when I do and if their is no power what else can it be.I have spark when truck is acting up so could it still be a bad ignition module?

Old 09-03-04, 05:55 PM
the ignition module can fail to send a signal to the ecm and still have spark so yes it is possible that the ignition module could be bad or the ecm.
if you dont have power to the injectors you will need to check for power at the inj fuse as it may have a bad connection at the fuse box if you dont have power at the fuse box then you would have to check the ignition switch.

Old 09-04-04, 01:16 PM
changed ignition module, truck is running fine now hope it keeps runnin fine lol sometimes it goes for a week without acting up.Heres hopin prob is fixed Thxs for advice will keep u posted on how its workin

Last edited by ski332; 09-06-04 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-19-04, 09:08 AM
Thumbs up

trucks workin great now thxs for all the help