wipers quit and go

Old 09-04-04, 08:46 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wipers quit and go

wipers work fine then will quit can here motor laboring but wipers won't move till u push then by hand and yes its same truck 94 chev 4x4

Old 09-06-04, 06:44 PM
RAGMAN32
Visiting Guest
replace the wiper switch......

Old 09-07-04, 09:49 PM
lowmaintenance
Visiting Guest
Hi, new to this board but thought I could help on this one.

I own a '94 suburban and had the same problem. While looking online for replacement parts, found out there was a recall on the wiper circuit board.
Just call your local chevy dealer and give them your VIN and they can tell you if you get a free fix. Otherwise they'll fix it for a fee (I had to pay $110).
Working OEM ever since.

Old 02-07-07, 05:38 PM
B
Thumbs up Cold Solder joints

I had the same problem on my 94 silverado, I disconnected the harness,removed the torx bolts, took the wiper motor apart in the kitchen and discovered a few cold solder (dull silver) joints on the back of the circuit board. I hit them with a weller iron and it's worked like a champ since. The whole job took less than a half hour.

Good luck.

Old 02-07-07, 06:31 PM
D
U can just change the outer electric part of the wiper, i think they call it itermitin module, something like that , igot my from discount or advance auto parts, for $30.00 , tom

Old 02-07-07, 07:13 PM
P
My 93 silverado and wife's 98 astro van both had the same problem. It's the wiper motor pulse control module. Simple fix, a couple of screws and a $30 part from the "Help!" section at Autozone. 15 minuires, tops. Good luck.

Pecos

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: