99 Dodge 1 ton 5 speed

Old 09-21-04, 06:09 PM
scroungey
Visiting Guest
99 Dodge 1 ton 5 speed

Have an 99' Dodge 1 Ton 5 speed with a fully charged a/c. When I slow down from road speed mainly, sometimes in town though the compressor will disengage and the fan will blow as on vent. Except for the smell. On the hiway it will come back on in town turning off the dash switch and waiting will get it back, and it may go off at the next stop. If this thing works off vacumn then I could believe it, but I am wondering is there a switch that cuts off the a/c at idle for a short time, and is not allowing it to come back on? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-04, 03:28 AM
the a/c system should be checked out by a shop so they can see the problem while it is occuring with guages installed to determine why the a/c compressor may be disengaging, the only switches on the a/c system is desinged to turn off the compressor if pressure is to high or to low and has nothing to do with wether the engine is at idle or not, the problem could be electrical or a mechanical problem which is why you should see a shop that has the equipment to diagnose the a/c system.