rv roof

Old 10-31-04, 04:39 PM
llove
Visiting Guest
Cool rv roof

I am in the process of detailing out a used rv I purchased and plan on keeping myself, and was just wanting ideas from others who own rv's on what type of roof coating to use to recoat the roof. It does not appear to have any leaks but they have sealed around around all the pipes and so forth on the roof. I really want to reseal it to make it look more attractive and to make sure there will be no leaks. Just wanted to get some ideas on what the best product out there is to use for this, I have seen so many different brands at different prices and just wanted some advice.......... thx llove

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-04, 11:25 PM
On rubber roofs, apply an approved rubber roof treatment to revitalize the rubber surface and protect it from UV deterioration. If the surface has suffered abrasion or other damage, apply a specially formulated rubber roof top coat to restore the surface. On metal or fiberglass roofs, apply an elastomeric coating to seal, insulate and protect the roof surface. On any type of roof surface, if you have made repairs, have areas of water ponding or if the roof surface is badly worn or damaged, apply a primer before the top coat for extra sealing and protection, and to help insure good adhesion of the top coat.

A local RV dealer should be able to point you in the right direction. You may also do an online search.