Power Windows

Old 11-03-04, 09:33 PM
Power Windows

I have a 1986 Dodge Ram Truck and the drivers window will not go up and down without my help. I can mash the switch and the switch works, but I have to push the window down and then pull it back up. What is the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-04, 05:43 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: dnoonkeste

Not all that uncommon of a problem. Usual cause is worn window guides and or track window slides in. Glass tilts forward and or backwards slightly and window jams in the track. Lube on track and gears dries out.

Solution is to remove the inside door panel, adjust the tracking and lube. Had dealer perform this service to my Dodge recently. Done under long term warranty but still had to pay the $100.00 policy deductable. Also had some other warranty services done which shared the costs of the deductable...

May or may not be the same cause in the instance with your vehicle. But if the window rocks back and forward forward and backwards, left to right in the frame, above condition applies and above repairs apply.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, suggestions and or repair methods.

Kindly use the reply button to post replies, add additional information or ask questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list of questions automatically.

Regards & Good Luck
Web Site Host & Forums Monitor

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 11-05-04, 10:36 PM
it is a posibility that your window motor is starting to go bad but do as Sharp suggested remove trim pannel and check track while you are in ther also check motor and gear i have seen the gear spin freely on the motor shaft also