gas leak

Old 11-05-04, 04:35 AM
Rheitz
Visiting Guest
Question gas leak

When I fill my tank I find gas leaking on the ground,however after I have driven the truck(''94 Ford Ranger''), I find no gas on my garage floor after sitting over night. I ran my hand over the the fill hose and where it goes into a 90 degree into the gas tank I found it is cracked. I am getting lousy gas mileage. Can I replace the hose without dropping the tank? Maybe the tank leaks too. If I have to drop the tank, how do I disconnect any lines to the tank? Is there enough room to drop it and then disconnect any lines? Any help will be appreciated. -thanks, Ron

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-04, 09:32 PM
you should be able to change the filler tube without removing the tank
if you find a leak in the tank i have found it easyest to remove the box off the truck as that tank is a b%&*h to get out on some models the box only has aprox 6 bolts holding it down 2 people can move it farenough to work on the tank but the more people you can get to help move it the better for your back

Old 11-08-04, 06:22 PM
Rheitz
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to locate a new tube in your usual auto stores, but I have found out thatI can only get it at athrough a Ford dealer. I found it was $274.00. I said you are crazy'''for apiece of rubber hose. I am now trying to find one at a junk yard.

Old 11-09-04, 05:44 AM
For Sure that would be your best bet thay may sell you the whole tanknassy for cheaper