1990 Ford F150 ignition switch

Old 11-10-04, 09:56 AM
bosford21
Visiting Guest
Exclamation 1990 Ford F150 ignition switch

I have a f150 and i need to change my ignition switch. I need to know how to take the steering column off to do this. If anyone can give some help, I would appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-04, 04:47 PM
do you meen the electrical switch it self or the lock and key cylender

Old 04-28-08, 04:31 PM
Replace key and cylinder

I also need to replace my ignition switch (key/cylinder) but I don't have the key. How do you go about removing the cylinder without the key. I saw someone talking about drilling out the center of the lock and inserting an eyebolt but no further information was given. Any help would be appreciated. The truck was left on the property I purchased and I would like to see if I can get it to turn over before I start the Lien sale on it.

Old 04-30-08, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by EaglesWings View Post
I also need to replace my ignition switch (key/cylinder) but I don't have the key. How do you go about removing the cylinder without the key. I saw someone talking about drilling out the center of the lock and inserting an eyebolt but no further information was given. Any help would be appreciated. The truck was left on the property I purchased and I would like to see if I can get it to turn over before I start the Lien sale on it.
your best bet would be to contact a lock smith thay can get key made for it or at least get old one out witout damage
or if you are real lucky look in the glove box for the owners manuale the key code tags may be in the pouch or written in the book than you can goto dealer or locksmith and get originals