Toolbox light... and Mag Charger...?

Old 12-01-04, 08:51 PM
Question Toolbox light... and Mag Charger...?

Has anyone mounted a light inside the toolbox on the bed of their truck? I'm always grabbing the flashlight to look for tools because it seems I only need to get things out of the toolbox at night. I would like to install one or two lights under the lid of my diamond plate toolbox so that I can turn them on or off from either side. I also considered wiring the lights straight into my cargo lamp switch on the dash. I need to find some very low profile, flush mount lamps that have replaceable bulbs. I'm up to the task of mounting the lamps and running the wires, but I am especially inexperienced when it comes to connecting to a power source, fuses, relays, diodes, well, you get the point. Any pics or diagrams would be appreciated. While I'm here, has anyone mounted a Mag Charger in their truck. I have an '02 GMC Sierra crew cab and I am looking fo rthe perfect spot to mount this flashlight. Thanks in advance for any input.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-04, 05:49 AM
i would go to either a wrecking yard or aftermarket suplier and get some dome lite fixtures and wire them up thay would work nicely i would probobly get door pin switches and install them so as soon as you open the box the ite would come on also if you have an alarm on the truck when the box would open with the alarm activated the alarm would go off which is a good idea if you have xpensive tools in there i would also probobly run a new circut for it asnot to overload pre-existing one