Check Engine Soon Light 98 Silverado

Old 12-05-04, 11:49 AM
Question Check Engine Soon Light 98 Silverado

Have A 98 Silverado Check Engine Soon Light Stays On Steady Codes Came Up Po102 Po420 Po430 Does This Sound Like Mass Air Flow Sensor Is This A Serious Problem Or Minor Any Help Appercieated Sledge

Last edited by SLEDGEHAMMER; 12-05-04 at 12:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-04, 06:50 AM
itis posible check wire conections also a gm test for MAF is to run vehicle and gently tap on the MAF if it stuters or dies suspect it

Old 12-07-04, 01:51 PM
Question 98 silverado question mass airflow and exhaust

anybody know if thier is a test for oxygen sensors they are located in front of converter and back. Ihave 2 converters and am trying to fiqure out why check engine soon light comes on. after i erase code it stays off for a month or more but always comes back on. Iam trying to wire it down with out without replaceing converters. also mass air flow sensor code 102 shows up on scan. 130 and 140 shows up on coverter scan it says system below threshold catalyst. 102 says mass airflow sensor circuit below input. any help appreciated thanks sledge

Old 12-07-04, 05:39 PM
Thread has been merged due to the same subject previously asked..
did you do the test explained to you ? if not start there
in order to test O2 you must have a Scan Tool,or Lab Scope voltages can be taken but are useuly inaccerate if vehicle has not had O2 Changed thay are probobly due O2 and Dealers are now Requesting that thay are changed with every tune up

Old 12-10-04, 04:36 PM
auto doc

thanks for the information I think that I will replace the sensors first and go from thier truck has 300000 miles on it and i dont believe oxygen sensors have ever been replaced. The 5.7 motor has been extremely dependable and really runs strong for the mileage. thanks again sledge.

Search this Thread