no heat dodge ram

Old 12-08-04, 08:17 AM
rtta51
Visiting Guest
no heat dodge ram

Help! This morning I was unable to get any hot air from the heater. The ac clutch was cycling on and off every 5 seconds. the blend door is working, the controls are set to heat and high fan. I pulled the ac fuse,cracked open the radiator cap, fluid flowed into the catch can,now I got heat. PS the overflow tank is constantly going dry but I have no leaks. dealer replaced the thermo housing 2 yrs ago and the temp control (heat/cool) in dash once looking for an elec problem not related to heating or cooling. turned out to be a bad fuse connector. I dont have the code scanner with me here at work so I dont know if theres a trouble code. Any Ideas? thanks, rtta51

Old 12-08-04, 01:17 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if you got heat after opening the rad you my have air in the system since the overflow goes dry you should have a pressure test done to check system for leaks could also be a stuck open thermostat try these first

Old 12-09-04, 06:37 AM
rtta51
Visiting Guest
reply to auto doc

thanks for the advice, the system took a full gallon of premixed fluid to get it back to the top and refill overflow tank. still need to solve ac cycling. bought new cap. will try one thing at a time. thanks again.

Old 12-09-04, 04:41 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the AC will cycle with the heater on defrost on all vehicles

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: