94 Land Rover

Old 01-02-05, 08:55 AM
xxsicknessxx
Visiting Guest
94 Land Rover

ok heres what happned to my 94 landrover
IM cruisen on the freeway enjoying life when (it has a exaust leak bad one) hadnt fixed yet.. I notice the sound getting worse

Sudeley out of know where feels like my car droped down a gear I loose alot of power, I push pedel down and speed up but its like my powers draining out of my car.. I had swerve off the freeway quite fast while doing this I see the temp gauge go insane it shoots strait up I pull over quick as I can turn car off and a vavle in the car blew.. all fluid is gone, some air hoses blew and im about ready cry, also some how all oil drained...

I fixed all of that, oil staying in there, hell the car still runs ... but.. excast leak sounds horrible.. and car seems be running at half power.. sucks at how slow it is now.. I dunno what problem is.. almost sounds like some the cyclinders arnt working but i checked spark plugs and seems fine.. is any easy way find out whats wrong I like fix stuff on it my self but im at a loss ive checked everything i know.. could be the head gasket? I hope not.. all fluids smell ok nothing seems like its mixing.. so whats up? its leaking bad.. but it does run.. Some said maybe my 4 weel drive is going and that would explain the power loss.. anyways any info be great thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-05, 07:50 PM
It could be a ton of things. But I would start by having your codes read. Also if you had fluid shot in to your exhaust while it was hot it could be your converter making it hard for you engine to breath.

Old 01-02-05, 07:59 PM
xxsicknessxx
Visiting Guest
codes? whats that

Old 01-02-05, 09:32 PM
Codes from the engine that tell the person working on it what the problem is. They will need some type of electronic scanner to get the codes from the Land Rover.

Old 01-02-05, 09:51 PM
xxsicknessxx
Visiting Guest
hmm never heard of that for it . Ill ask my mech about it.. i was tryign not to go to him though soo expensieve

Old 01-03-05, 05:54 AM
i would do a compression check and cylinder ballance also to see what the engine strength is a big exhaust leak could cause a lean condition which would cause poor performance and would make the engine run hotter and posibly burning valves

Old 01-03-05, 09:23 AM
xxsicknessxx
Visiting Guest
deff huge exacst leak im planning on fixing it thursday just pachtin it up.. darn my friends got kit to do compression test but anyone got info on how do it on a landrover is it hard?

Old 01-03-05, 09:38 AM
This link:Compression Test Will give you a good idea on how to start a compression test.

Search this Thread