Cab is very bright ... lotsa lights on

Old 01-04-05, 11:54 AM
Cool Cab is very bright ... lotsa lights on

Both my brake warning lights (regular red ones & the amber rear anti-lock) came on this morning after warming up my truck in the driveway. Pretty sure the brakes are OK since I just had them replaced about a year ago ... just drive a few blocks to & from work everyday. What exactly do the lights indicate?

I'm wondering if something just froze up? It was close to -30C here last night.

Hoping to reset the computer, I disconnected the battery for a minute or so (don't know if that is the right way to reset the computer). The lights did their test cycle OK, went out and then came back on & stayed on a few seconds later.

Any advice?

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-05, 02:51 PM
Check the master cylinder level.If low both warning lights will come on.It may also be helpful if we knew what kind of truck it is.

Old 01-04-05, 04:58 PM
Oops

1992 Ford Ranger

Old 01-05-05, 06:22 AM
yes check fluid level like davo said the red lamp is for hydrolic system and the amber is the ABS some ABS problems willset both lamps codes should be read to locate sorce

Old 01-05-05, 05:09 PM
The fluid level looked OK but I added some this morning anyway. Just be safe, I took it in to a mechanic but as I was driving it into the shop, the lights went out! Something like feeling better when you get to the doctor's office?

The mechanic agreed with you good fellahs ... added a bit more fluid. About 2 blocks from the shop, the lights came back on. It is still very cold around here--can temperature have an effect on the sensors?