90 S-10 Blazer 4X4 Engine problems

Old 01-04-05, 08:15 PM
RSDSpouse
Visiting Guest
Question 90 S-10 Blazer 4X4 Engine problems

Please, HELP!
1990 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 4.3L V-6 & TBI. Engine was running fine, then we had extremely cold weather (4 degrees f.). That morning, it started and ran fine for a few minutes, until it started to warm up, then acted like it was starving for fuel, and backfiring through TBI unit. I assumed there was water in the fuel, and purchased HEET and poured it in. Also added 10 gallons of gas to insure everything was stirred up. Still the same problem. Drained the tank, changed the fuel pump, screen, and fuel filter, then added fresh gas with STP injector cleaner. Same problem with no improvement. Any suggestions? Thanks for any suggestions... also, does anyone have a vacuum diagram for the four wheel drive? I had some work done on my truck and the folks who did th erepairs didn't hook up any of the hoses right, and two of them melted on the exhaust. There are three of them. Thanks again!
Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-05, 03:39 AM
suggest checking the ignition system like the cap, rotor, ignition wires sound like a basic ignition problem like a bad coil or plug wire , or cap that may have drawn moisture inside.

Old 01-05-05, 08:48 PM
RSDSpouse
Visiting Guest
Smile Follow Up

Thanks for the suggestions,that's about the only thing I haven't tried. All plug wires are new, but cap and rotor are ancient. Moisture in the distributor will cause the engine to run fair for a minute before the backfiring and stalling temper tantrum? I thought if it was a moisture problem it wouldn't start at all. I'll still replace the cap and rotor, and double check the connections of all the wires. Thanks again!

Mike

Search this Thread