1990 toyota truck sluggish below 4000 rpm

Old 01-08-05, 01:53 PM
MudHunter
Visiting Guest
1990 toyota truck sluggish below 4000 rpm

Hey experts, I need help. My 90 Yota has a 1993 motor in it because I blew up the first one when I rolled it and it ran on its side while I was unconscious. Anyway, in every gear the truck is VERY sluggish, but when it gets up to around 4000 rpm it pulls like it should. It just started doing this when it started raining. Thought it was my wet airfilter and box, but when i changed it and it dried it out it still runs like garbage. Help me please.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-05, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the forum
spray the spark plug wires with water and see if it starts too die could be in need of wires also try a fuel filter it would be a good idea to have the codes read to make sure every thing is good

BTW: I do not answer PM for questions that can be asked in the Forum

Old 01-10-05, 10:10 PM
MudHunter
Visiting Guest
sorry, I'm new to all this. Thanks for the advice AutoDoc.

Old 01-12-05, 12:17 AM
MudHunter
Visiting Guest
so I put new plug wires, plugs, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter. no change. waste of $. checked the timing. right at 5 deg. where it should be.

btw the check enging light comes and goes. and I have an exhaust leak, could that be it? maybe throwing off the O2 sensor or something.

Old 01-13-05, 07:57 AM
this is posible you should have the codes read like i said to see what system is braking down