1991 Dodge Ram pickup clutch problem

Old 01-17-05, 08:28 PM
DarkPhantom
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 1991 Dodge Ram pickup clutch problem

I have a 1991 Dodge Ram pickup (full size), V8, straight shift. The clutch has started acting up and can't get it to go into gear. The clutch feels funny. This truck has 130,000 actual miles on it, and has a "granny'" transmission (4 in the floor). Now I think I described that right. I don't know a lot about mechanical repair so bear with me if I say something wrong or stupid.

The truck has a clutch master cylinder and I tried to unscrew the lid to check on the fluid, but it seems to be stuck. Could this be the problem--low on fluid?
It was working fine until suddenly it just got where it did not want to go into gear.

Can anyone tell me anything about this or what might be the problem? Just explain it in simple language if anyone might be able to help me with this problem. I wanted to check this out before I take it somewhere for repair. I will greatly appreciate ANY and ALL help! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-05, 06:37 AM
well low on fluid may be the problem so check it also if it is low look for a leak
but with 130 on it i would guess it is time for a new clutch

Old 01-20-05, 12:16 PM
DarkPhantom
Visiting Guest
Talking It's Fixed!

Thanks AutoDoc for the info. It was completely out of fluid. I filled it up and it works absolutely smooth as new! I'm happy! I will check for leaks too. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!