'97 Ford F150 pickup 4x4 shaking-stalling HELP!

Old 08-05-04, 03:17 PM
jperro
Visiting Guest
Angry '97 Ford F150 pickup 4x4 shaking-stalling HELP!

My daughter has our '97 truck down at college in Florida. She took it into the local Ford dealer because the truck, once warmed up at high speeds and then taken down to a low idle will begin to shake & practically stall. So far the dealer did a complete tune-up & flushed the fuel injectors, changed the IAT sensor, the lower front ball joints but said no diagnosis codes were coming up. The bill so far---$ 1600.00!!! And my daughter says it's still happening! Anyone else having the same problems?

Old 08-05-04, 05:46 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sounds as if the dealer may of been guessing, while it may of been due for a tune up and needed ball joints do to them being worn out, the injector cleaning and changing of a sensor when it didn't even have any codes was probably not needed and did not fix the problem the vehicle was taken in for you can either take it back to them to see if they are willing to work with you to get the problem fixed by explaining to the service manager that the problem still occurs and that you are not very satisfied with there work up to this point. they will either want to make it up to you by looking at the vehicle again to see if they can find the problem and they should atleast give you some diagnossis time at attempting to find the problem and will likely put a better technician on the job.
If the dealer does not want to make an attempt at fixing the vehicle I would suggest finding a different shop.
also keep in mind that any shop will have to see the problem occur before they can even determine what is causing the problem which means they may have to drive the vehicle several times or need it left with them if the problem does not occur all that frequently.

Old 02-19-05, 02:21 PM
Bigsteve4Christ
Visiting Guest
I'm not sure what sensor you've replaced, and the reason i'm at this forum is to learn about my truck[because i don't know much], However i had this same problem with a shaking and stalling on my '97 F-250 LD. My O2 sensor was bad because water from the AC drain was dripping on it. That fixed the problem.

Old 02-19-05, 05:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds to me like a engine miss concern, If so we have replaced coil on plugs for this concern. If it's a Ford Dealer they should have a EEC Diagnosis machine called a WDS. This tester has a test called the MODE 6 which they could use in diagnosing this problem. It remembers which cylinder the miss was on and what percent of the time it did it. What were the codes on the repair ticket? KOEO (key on engine off) KOER (key on engine run) Test?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: