HELP !!! Oil pump on 91 F150 W/5.0

Old 04-09-05, 07:07 PM
jimbo21
Visiting Guest
HELP !!! Oil pump on 91 F150 W/5.0

I am trying to change the oil pump on a 91 F150 with a 5.0 I have removed all of the bolts to the oil pan and the exhaust pipe is in the way as well as the cross member and the I-beams. What do I have to remove or take off to get the oil pan off to get to the oil pump, or do I have to jack the motor up or what? Please HELP!!!

Jimbo21

Old 04-11-05, 09:52 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
well here goes you picked a good one to try first you remove the pan bolts as you did
than you must remove the motor mount through bolts so you can lift the engine after you lift the engine (watch out in the back of the engine that nothing gets broke on the fire wall some model years you had to remove the upper intake plenium)
than you have to get your hands inside the pan toremove the pickup screan which is bolted after yo remove the pick up just let it lay in the pan and try and wiggel the pan out some have to remove exhaust some dont
well good luck and have fun with it
i beleve it calls for aprox 6 hours labour in a shop with proper equipment

Old 12-19-05, 12:12 PM
timst
Visiting Guest
Hi there?

I have a quick question, why did you change the oil pump? I am trying to figure out a problem with my 91 5.0l, just curious if this is the same problem. Thanks Tim

Old 12-20-05, 07:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 384 Votes on 340 Posts
Oil pumps are usually changed because of low oil pressure problems. Be sure to verify the gauge is accurate first. The sending unit can be bad giving a false reading.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: