Adding more hp to Ford 4.2 L

Old 04-10-05, 03:35 PM
DLuna
Visiting Guest
Question Adding more hp to Ford 4.2 L

I have a 2003 Ford F150 XLT with a 4.2 L engine and automatic transmission. The truck has about 35,400 miles and runs perfectly. I would like to have a little more power though. Does anyone know some easy tricks I can perform to add some additional horsepower? Someone recently told me to look into a power chip but I don't know anything about that. Is a power chip expensive and complicated to install? Any input would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-05, 08:57 AM
as for price thay vary you can go this route it will give you mor HP you can get them at any speed and preformance shop the only problem you will have is warentee that chip will void it if you need to bring it to the dealer you will have to change the chip back but at the same time the problem may go away because the peramiters will change and all troble codes will erase when you do the swap

Old 04-14-05, 05:24 PM
I have seen alot of problems that come with installing power chips! I would stay away from those chips. It may void your warranty also. PCM's are warranty up to 80,000 miles from the factory.

Search this Thread