Rotate tires on truck

Old 04-21-05, 02:00 AM
gisela
Visiting Guest
Question Rotate tires on truck

How often do you have rotate tires on a truck. Ours were done in July 2003. Does it depend on how many miles the truck was driven.
Please advise

Thank you,
Gisela

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-05, 09:55 AM
it does depend on mileage and there are various intervals recomended by different manufacturers that could vary as much as every 3000 miles to every 7000 miles.
rotation is only necassary if you want to get a more equal wear pattern on all tires thus making them all 4 due to be replaced at one time, many people dont ever rotate and just replace the front tires or rear tires when needed.

Old 04-23-05, 10:15 AM
A good rule of thumb is to rotate the tires at every other oil change. If you change your oil every 3000 miles then you will be rotating the tires every 6000 miles. I have seen tires do fine on 10,000 mile rotations but then I have seen them wear badly after 5000 miles. It really depends on the vehicle. My personal opinion is 6000 miles (every other oil change) is a safe bet and easy enough to remember. Not to mention most owners manuals service intervals are based on 3000 mile intervals and they also state to rotate every 6000 miles.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 04-26-05, 03:54 AM
gisela
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by bejay
it does depend on mileage and there are various intervals recomended by different manufacturers that could vary as much as every 3000 miles to every 7000 miles.
rotation is only necassary if you want to get a more equal wear pattern on all tires thus making them all 4 due to be replaced at one time, many people dont ever rotate and just replace the front tires or rear tires when needed.
Thank you very much, your reply was very helpful. Gisela

Old 04-26-05, 03:56 AM
gisela
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by billys68ss
A good rule of thumb is to rotate the tires at every other oil change. If you change your oil every 3000 miles then you will be rotating the tires every 6000 miles. I have seen tires do fine on 10,000 mile rotations but then I have seen them wear badly after 5000 miles. It really depends on the vehicle. My personal opinion is 6000 miles (every other oil change) is a safe bet and easy enough to remember. Not to mention most owners manuals service intervals are based on 3000 mile intervals and they also state to rotate every 6000 miles.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy
Thank you very much for your reply, your help was appreciated. Gisela