RV parking space size

Old 04-06-05, 05:11 AM
B
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
RV parking space size

Hi All:

My wife and I were "volunteered" by our kennel club to be in charge of the parking for RV's at this summers dog show. We need to know how much space to allow for a motorhome or trailer with slideouts and canopies extended. Currently we show 25' x 50' spaces, but last year we had some trouble with the fire marshal; in a few spaces we had less than the 5' he wanted between RV's and that included extended canopies. Perhaps it is just a matter of doing some juggling??

The person who has done this in years past has left the club and we know nothing about what it takes. Any other advice we can get to make life easier for the RV'ers would be greatly appreciated. Hope someone can help.

Bruce

Old 04-28-05, 12:43 PM
RNRea
Visiting Guest
RV Parking

This is my two cents on the matter...
I would go to an RV dealer and look for the widest coach they have (they may all be about the same) then add the width of *two* slideouts. This is the widest width that you are likely to have on a single RV. I would then add another 7-8 feet to that to get the 5 feet of clearance between RV's that the fire marshal wants (the extra space allows someone to park their RV a little off center, while still leaving enough space between the next one). This also makes for more room to get in and out of the spaces (difficult when pulling a long trailer). Then just make sure that there is enough room for getting in and out of the spaces and it should work out.

The worst that could happen is that it won't work out perfectly and they'll task someone else with the job the next time

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: