94 Chevy 1500 4X4 ignition problem?

Old 04-26-05, 01:29 PM
bond007
Visiting Guest
94 Chevy 1500 4X4 ignition problem?

I have a 94 Chevy 1500 4X4 pickup and recently am having ignition problems. About a week ago was the very first time it had a mishap. I stuck the key in turned it, heard the fuel pump and all the normal gauge movement and noises. Then I continued to turn the key and NOTHING. I was quite suprised so I turned it again same thing. I pulled the key out looked at it then tried it again and bingo it started. I scratched my head and just went with it. Now today I went to a friends house and same thing except on the third and other tries it never started . Could you guys please give me an idea where to start looking. Thanks a ton

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-05, 11:25 PM
check for loose or corroded battery cables to start with, if you have a test light check for power to the starter solenoid purple wire while the key is in the cranking position if it has power then you will probably need to replace the starter, if no power possible ignition switch problem or nuetral safety if automatic or clutch safety switch if manual.

Old 04-27-05, 01:58 AM
first when you say nothing happened do you meen it did not crank over or do you meen it cranked over but did not start??
this is valuable info needed before we can help with anything if it did not crank than star with what bejay said and let us know if it cranks but not start than start with checking for spark on a couple cylinders than give us the results

Old 04-27-05, 06:57 AM
bond007
Visiting Guest
Would not turn over

I know that when it turns over it will start, but thats the problem it doesn't want to turn over.

Old 04-29-05, 04:35 AM
than start with the thins bejay sugested and go from there

Search this Thread