Getting a title for an old RV to renovate

Old 05-04-05, 02:31 PM
bottie
Visiting Guest
Getting a title for an old RV to renovate

My husband bought an old winnebago 10 years ago, from an older man, and he used it to live in behind his lawn and garden shop. We married, bought a house and the RV sat for awhile until the shop was lost to fire in 1997. It was never meant to be driven and my husband did not transfered the title before the shop burned. The title was lost in the fire and all we have is a vin number, which is too old to pop up at the DMV. We now want to renovate it to one day be driven again and the burden of proof is on us. My husband doesn't even remember the guys name and he is probably deseased. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Claire

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-05, 05:02 PM
the DMV should be able to search it and get you a new one or if thay say it is to old to find than say hay just register it thay should be able to regester it to you as a home build or as what make it is thay may requior some sort of safety inspection but it shouldent be a problem if thay say there is nothing thay can do find out whos in charge because i know its done here lots with old cars and from abandond cars and home built trailers