Chev Truck No Fire

Old 07-15-05, 09:08 AM
fstedy
Visiting Guest
Chev Truck No Fire

I have a 1982 Chev K20 pickup that quit running while on the road and now it has no spark? It had been missing intermittantly for several months but not realted to anything specific (such as only on damp days) it would just come and go. Its a 350 cid with a holly 4v carb, HEI dist. checked rotor turns, valves operating, fuel pumps in good volume down line of filter, replaced ACCEL Cap rotor, coil and ignition module still no fire even dumped fuel into carb without any success. When it quit it I was accelerating hard to get into high speed traffic and after about 10 seconds the rpms just tailed off. The battery has plenty of charge and cranks with good speed. The only thing in the distributor not changed is the magnetic pickup can I test that some way before pulling the Dist. to change the pickup? HELP.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-05, 08:38 PM
haha

i have to ask because it was not specified... are the spark plugs any good? it sounds to me like your spark plugs were slowly getting ruined.

Old 07-18-05, 08:25 AM
fstedy
Visiting Guest
The spark plugs are fine it turned out to be a bad magnetic pickup. I installed a new ACCEL distributor and it runs better than it has in a long time. Thanks for the reply.