64 falcon Ranchero ?

Old 07-29-05, 11:32 AM
marica56
Visiting Guest
64 falcon Ranchero ?

I am trying to buy my husband a Falcon as a surprise. We have talked around the subject before but I missed something. I found a 64 with V6 tansplant (76), has added 4x4 set-up, two barrel, AT, excellent body and interior no rust. it purrs and trani is smooth too. I am a little leary of the 4x4. I think the drive line can be removed for better gas mileage and I can't tell by looking how many CI's it is. The guy doesn't know. They came with v8 in a 260 and a 302 which I think might get as good a gas mileage as this 4x4. Main goal is a yard/dump-run truck in good shape and AT for his bad hip(don't mind extra's:-) How hard to add on A/C? any help or idea's would be great........

Last edited by marica56; 07-29-05 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-05, 08:56 AM
If you look at the engine block there should be a vin stamped on it, go to a old Ford site publish the number and you should get the ci's. Also something tells me that the engine will be either a 260 or a 289. I probably also would stay away from something as heavily modified as this unless the 4by was professionally installed. It's a real nice gesture to try and surprise your hubby but most probably a better idea to let him in on this discision. Good luck

Old 08-06-05, 11:28 PM
jeffstevens
Visiting Guest
The fellow mentioned 4x4 but he doesn't know the motor.hmmm. Have a look for tag #'s on engine parts. c2te9510a look for a Ford # like this on the carb it could be a Holly #. If no luck, maybe this was a cab change, pulling an El Camino body. I have seen a 77 mustang cobra II converted to 4x4. driveline wasn't Ford.