'94 Isuzu Truck

Old 08-08-05, 01:05 PM
Ham
'94 Isuzu Truck

I have a '94 Isuzu pickup with a 2.3 litre engine that will only run when I have the breather off. It's hard to start but once it starts it will run rough. It will cough back through the carb and will not idle. Once I put the breather back on, the truck will not start at all. I installed a new belt because I thought that it was the timing and all the timing marks lined up in the proper places. The only things that I have left to do is to put a new carb kit in and have the distributor checked. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Ham; 08-08-05 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Missing Info
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-05, 01:08 PM
Ham
'94 Isuzu Truck

I have a '94 Isuzu pickup with a 2.3 litre engine that will only run when I have the breather off. It's hard to start but once it starts it will run rough. It will cough back through the carb and will not idle. Once I put the breather back on, the truck will not start at all. I installed a new belt because I thought that it was the timing and all the timing marks lined up in the proper places. The only things that I have left to do is to put a new carb kit in and have the distributor checked. Am I missing something?

Old 08-08-05, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you know what you are doing. Stay the course.

Old 08-09-05, 06:08 AM
check fo vaccume leaks first sounds like there is one someware

Old 08-09-05, 08:32 AM
Ham
Originally Posted by AutoDoc
check fo vaccume leaks first sounds like there is one someware

What's the best way to check for leaks? Let me tell what happened with the truck and maybe it will be clearer. I drove the truck that morning and it ran great, but after setting for about 4 or 5 hours it would not start. There was no extra noises that could be heard when shutting down or trying to start it.

Last edited by Ham; 08-09-05 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-09-05, 10:02 AM
Ham
Let me tell what happened with the truck and maybe it will be clearer. I drove the truck that morning and it ran great, but after setting for about 4 or 5 hours it would not start. There was no extra noises that could be heard when shutting down or trying to start it.

Old 08-10-05, 06:34 AM
look for cracks or hoses not on you can try spraying water with spray bottel and listen for a sucking sound you can try propane as long as you know there are no sparks watch for a change in the rpm the best way is with smoke machine but unless you go to a shop you probobly wouldent have one

Old 08-12-05, 05:54 AM
Ham
Update on Truck

I decided to pull the fuel filter off the truck and when I emptied it into a cup it was nothing but rusty fuel that came out the inlet side. Now, even though the fuel pump is still working, I think that the mechanical fuel pump is getting weak from trying to pump fuel though all that trash. The truck is still hard to start but will run pretty good once it does start.

Old 08-12-05, 05:55 AM
Ham
Update on Truck

I decided to pull the fuel filter off the truck and when I emptied it into a cup it was nothing but rusty fuel that came out the inlet side. Now, even though the fuel pump is still working, I think that the mechanical fuel pump is getting weak from trying to pump fuel though all that trash. The truck is still hard to start but will run pretty good once it does start.

Old 10-11-05, 06:24 AM
Ham
Truck Runs

I put a set of new plugs on the truck and it started right up. The old one were fouled badly. I was thinking that it was either the distributor or the carb, that's why I didn't try the plugs first. I'm glad it wasn't the distributor or the carb.