steering wheel

Old 08-20-05, 11:53 AM
mike1977
Visiting Guest
steering wheel

Have 88 s-10,iron duke 4,manual steering.I had the gear box replaced.The steering wheel is now sitting at an angle/not leveled properly.I took off wheel but due to electrical line for horn was not able to make it right.the steering was rough feeling.so i put it back as was.Would disconecting the intermidiate shaft and realigning solve my problem?OR should I just break down and take to shop and let them handle it?Surely I do not feel like messing with steering components.Thanks for any help ahead of time

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-05, 07:28 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if the steering wheel is way off and it wasnt before replacing the gear box then someting is wrong the steering wheel and the pitman arm should only go on one way you possibly may have gotten the steering shaft to gear box on incorrectly you could check that but even that connection should only go on one way which leaves the gearbox itself.
if the steering wheel is just off a little and the old gear box was wornout then it may just need to have an alignement where they will adjust your toe at your tie rods and this will recenter your steering wheel correctly.

Old 08-21-05, 08:26 AM
mike1977
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply Bejay.I will spend my 16 hrs here at work analysing in my head the info. You know I have been considering the possibility of a not so right gearbox. i wonder if rebuilts can be rebuilt wrong? Again thank you. Mike