moldy smell from air vent

Old 08-28-05, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
moldy smell from air vent

I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra. I swear I smell a musty moldy type smell from the air vent when I turn on the fan. Anyone ever had this issue? If so, how do I fix it?

Old 08-29-05, 09:44 AM
Many of todays later vehicles have a 'cabin air filter'. check your owner's manual ,and change the filter if you have one.

Old 09-02-05, 07:14 AM
Just4Kicks
Visiting Guest
The musty smell is from the A/C evaporator core. It sweats and gets musty. There is a drain in the bottom of the evaporator box that may be plugged allowing moisture to collect. There is also a deodorizer that is available that you spray to cure the problem.

Old 09-06-05, 10:44 AM
Do you know where you get the deoderizer or what it is called?

Old 09-06-05, 07:49 PM
mike1977
Visiting Guest
Smile

There are several brands of cleaner/deodorizers out there.One is Johnsons evaporator deodorizer.Or just check your internet and punch up evaporator deodorizer and pick and choose.One thing I have done for years here in humid south Texas is when I get a couple of miles or so from my destination I turn off my a/c but leave the fan running ( I use high fan ).It will blow dry the evap so moisture does not stay after your inside your home.This info was given to me by a a/c man eons ago.Works for me ,never had any smelly troubles.Good luck too you,hope this was of some help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: