Tension Pulley Location on '99 F-250?

Old 09-25-05, 06:34 AM
wranglermama
Visiting Guest
Tension Pulley Location on '99 F-250?

Replacing a/c compressor on '99 Ford F-250 4 door 4x4 7.3 ltr. powerstroke. Can anyone tell me how to find the tension pulley for the serpentine belt? Thanks for any help!
Wranglermama

Ok guys, sorry for the stupid question, I found the tension pulleys. Located serpentine diagram on truck. I just need to know how to release it now....sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't know if I need to release each pulley or if the whole assembly is released, and if so, how? Thanks for any help on this....I'm fairly mechanically minded, I just don't wanna screw this up...

Last edited by wranglermama; 09-25-05 at 06:59 AM. Reason: found tension pulley-need more info
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-05, 12:18 PM
in the center of the pulley there is a bolt 15 or 16 mm i think jus use a wrench or socket and move the pulley is under spring tension you will have to hold the wrench with one hand and remove the belt with the other than move back dont let go of the wrench it will spring back fast

Old 10-04-05, 03:50 PM
wranglermama
Visiting Guest
Thanks for all the help!

Once I figured out the tension pulley, it took 10 minutes to change the compressor out. Way Cool! Thanks for everything!
Wranglermama