01' Dodge Ram 1500

Old 09-29-05, 02:30 PM
01' Dodge Ram 1500

Check engine light came on. Code from AutoZone was PO138: It read Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2.

So my faithful gurus what does this tell me I need to replace ??

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-05, 08:34 AM
i says you have to start diagnoseing the O2 circuit the Sensor in question will be the one after the catilitic converter on the left side it is better to replace the in pairs

Old 09-30-05, 12:03 PM
I kinda got the idea that I should simply replace it from someone else also. You say it's best to replace them in pairs? That's cool. Another question...How's Auto Zone for these type parts?

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-30-05, 08:28 PM
i have never dealt with the zone but usually the aftermarket O2s are Perfectly fine I use Bosh sensors all the time with no trouble just make sure that it is for your model not a universal one it makes life much easier to just replace and plug in to oem harness than to use universal and have to wire it up

Old 10-01-05, 04:26 AM
I went to the Zone. The 1st one "luckily I opened it 1st" was an original that someone returned ! Had to go to another store and installed it, cleared the code and we'll see what happens. Thanks again for the help. By the way the Zones part was a Bosch.