1999 Ford Power Window

Old 10-20-05, 05:49 PM
1999 Ford Power Window

The window on the driver's side of my pu will not go down, when I press the button I hear a click. Anybody had this problem? Can this be a do it yourself job?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-05, 06:42 PM
it is commen for the gear on the motor to strip most of the time window motor needs to be replaced

Old 10-25-05, 06:30 PM
dougger
Visiting Guest
Not sure what kind of pick up it is but I replaced the driver side window motor on my 99 F250 Super Duty a couple years ago. If you bring it to a Ford dealership they will steal your money. I think they get around $500 for replacing the window motor

Taking the door panel off couldn't be easier and removing the motor is only 2-3 bolts if I remember correctly.

I called a junk yard for the part and was quoted $135. One Ford dealership said $125 and another said $115. Finally I called the largest Ford parts store in the state and bought a brand new one for $85.

Old 11-23-05, 08:31 PM
tafallon
Visiting Guest
window problem

Not sure the truck type.. but I had a '99 Ford Ranger with the same problem. Took back to the used car dealer I bought it from and they said it was a switch problem, which meant the window switch needed replacement. After they replaced it, the window still was a problem. Ended being the motor and window jamming in place. That was out of warranty, so I did the next best thing and went to a junkyard to see if they had a similar truck for my parts. Lucky, they had one and I was able to replace all the mechanisms in the door.