1986 Mazda B2000 PU Defrost

Old 11-17-05, 08:45 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a 1986 Mazda B2000 and I can't get any air to come out of the vents up by the windshield. Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong. This is very annoying in the winter time when you want to clear the windshield. I live in southeast Iowa so we do have winter weather. Any & all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Glenn

Old 11-18-05, 01:07 PM
A
dose the fan run at all ? do you get air through other vents ?
if not check the blower motor if yes than serch under the dash for a pice of duct not conected or that all vaccume door pods are working

Old 11-18-05, 08:30 PM
G

I get air out of the vents on the front of the dash but no air out of the vents up by the windshield. Thanks for your input Doc.
Glenn

Old 11-25-05, 09:06 PM
G

AutoDoc,
How do I get into the dash to see if there is some duct work that is disconnected? I took the glove box out,but that didn't really expose any duct work. If anyone can help me with this problem I would certainly appreciate it as it is really getting cold here & I really need to have the defrost working.
Thanks,
Glenn

Old 01-16-06, 09:42 PM
B
Lightbulb

i've had the same problem. a few years back i think i rigged if for the winter by taking out the glove box and flipping a small vent selector on the right. it makes your defrost work but cuts off your vents. its been awhile so i'll check it again and post when i have proved or disproved myself. also my dash lights don't work. the bulbs are good and i'm getting power to the dimmer switch so i think it might be the dimmer switch. any insights would be well recieved.

Old 01-22-06, 08:56 PM
B
Exclamation

well good news and bad news. the bad news is that selector switch is for the recirculator. the good news is i found one on the left side that controls the defroster. keeping in mind that all my selector arms on the dash are broken, i pulled the small lever down and magically my defroster worked. but i need to weigh it down because it stoped working when i let go. not sure if this helped with your problem but hopefully it did.
good luck!
John

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: