RV moisture control

Old 11-18-05, 07:25 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question RV moisture control

What can I do to control the moisture inside my RV during the winter months? Is there anything that I can place inside that will absorb the moisture?

Thanks,
Daphne

Old 11-18-05, 09:37 PM
J
rv moisture control

Daphne, you must let air in to let moisture out. Crack a vent or a window on each end of rv. You could also run a dehumidefier. Hope this helps, jerbear.

Old 11-20-05, 09:49 AM
dabirdzR?T
Visiting Guest
i have heard that using the kitty litter with the crystals to control oder will help control; humidity, but we are in PA where the temp drops, and we dont have much humidity in the winter months.

Old 11-20-05, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 45 Posts
A good many RV's are not designed for cold weather use.
If you are experiencing water running off the windows you have to make sure that the mfr has installed a good vapor barrier behind the panelling to prevent the same moisture from collecting in the wall space.
There is no simple product that will absorb the amount of moisture that is given off by being in there.

Cracking windows and roof vents as Jerbear suggested is the best and simplest thing you can do.
The roof vent is the most important one to open as the warm air will rise in the space and carry out the moisture along with the warm air.

Old 03-31-06, 02:59 PM
G
Kind of a gotcha here. The increased moisture is due to the running of the furnace. The best way to lessen the moisture is to crack a window. Doing so causes the furnace to run more often thus creating more moisture.

I would try a de-humidifier.

Old 03-31-06, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 45 Posts
It's been several months since this thread was started and wonder how Daphne is making out with the camper.

Recreational vehicles are not equipped with unvented furnaces and this is not usually a problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: