01 chevy truck

Old 11-28-05, 09:10 AM
01 chevy truck

3/4 ton trucks fuel guage spikes from full to empty and back to norm. i have heard several others talk about the same issue. the local dealer said there is no recall. are they correct? i seem to remember getting something on my 01 suburban a few months back.
also, the blower on the a/c recently started moving from vent to defrost on its own and as of a few days ago it also goes from hot to cold and back on its own. any ideas? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-05, 05:46 AM
update:

the radiator was about 3/4 gallon low and that seems to be why the heater as not continuously heating. still looking for advice on the fuel guage issue.

Old 12-01-05, 12:38 PM
there is no recall that i know of but it is commen for the sending unit to go bad and cause such a problem but first check the wire conectors for good conection

Old 12-05-05, 04:53 AM
thanks for the tip. i will take a look. why do you think the radiator burps out a little every day after i top it off until it gets around 3/4 gallon low? our mechanic says that it has done this all along as he would top it off when he serviced it and it would gradually spit it out.