92 suburban 4x4

Old 12-11-05, 09:10 AM
bigclay27
Visiting Guest
Question 92 suburban 4x4

92 suburban 4x4, just found out my 4x4 is not working. I have a floor shift, which feels and sounds like the 4x4 is engaging when you put it in. I have the lighted indicator panel on the floor but nothing lights up. I am pretty clueless on 4x4's, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-05, 01:44 PM
the lamps could be bernt out first i would check if it is in 4 wheel or not find some place where you can spin the tires quick snow mud wet grass have some one watch put it in 4x4 than accelerate fast as to spin the tires if thay all spin you are engaged if not have someone move the linkage around and go under the truck and seeif the linkage may be lose and see if you can help it lock in than you may have a better idea on what needs to be done so you can adjust or repair

Old 01-27-06, 06:46 PM
i just had the same problem, it was the actuator that locks in the front diff, its located on the front side of the differential, its the part that looks like a bolt with 2 wires going in it. it will still lock in the transfer case with the shift and turn the front shaft but when the actuator is bad it will not lock the diff to turn front wheels. you can pick one up for bout 100 dollars at a part store