Adjusting idle in motorhome

Old 04-26-06, 06:01 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Adjusting idle in motorhome

I have a 1983 Ford Tioga motorhome, with a 460. I recently installed a new carb (4bbl, 4160 holley). I'm trying to adjust the curb idle, I backed the curb idle screw all the way out and it's still idling at 1100 RPM's. Took carb back off and checked the primary butterfly and , they're closed all the way. Thought maybe could be a vaccum leak someplace so I disconnected all the vaccum hoses and blocked them off and still idling the same.Could this be a timing issue? As I am trying to time it too. Cannot get the distributor to move( took hold down bolt right off) Timing is off, so if this is the problem any suggestions on how to get the distributor to move? I've soaked it for 2 weeks with PB Blaster and it still won't move!!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 04-27-06, 06:52 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would check the fast idelscrew and cam as it it is not ingaged if ok than try covering carb with your hand dose it die out if yes than vaccume leak should not be the problem check timing without advance and posible that mixture is wrong small screws at bottom of carb

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: