Fiberglass/Gelcoat

Old 04-30-06, 03:28 PM
Fiberglass/Gelcoat

Hello All,

I am new to this forum so if this question was previously asked Please forgive me...Anyway I have an older Motor Home which I picked up last year, while I had a few things to repair overall, the RV has been a lot of fun. I do have one problem which I am hoping someone could help me with. My RV's fiberglass is "showing through" that is the clear coating is worn away. Is there a product that someone could recomend which I could apply to coat the fiberglass? I was told of a product that is applied with a sponge applicator but I have been unsuccessful in learning more.

Thanks Much
Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-06, 05:44 PM
There are companies that specialize in gel coat repair and replacement on RVs and boats. You can do an online search for DIY products. You might check with local outdoor stores and marine and RV stores for such products.

Old 05-03-06, 11:33 AM
Have you checked with local heavy truck repair places in your area, to see what they might recommend?

Old 05-25-06, 11:27 AM
fiberglass help

Originally Posted by westdep
Hello All,

I am new to this forum so if this question was previously asked Please forgive me...Anyway I have an older Motor Home which I picked up last year, while I had a few things to repair overall, the RV has been a lot of fun. I do have one problem which I am hoping someone could help me with. My RV's fiberglass is "showing through" that is the clear coating is worn away. Is there a product that someone could recomend which I could apply to coat the fiberglass? I was told of a product that is applied with a sponge applicator but I have been unsuccessful in learning more.

Thanks Much
Steve
>>NewGlass2
Fiberglass Beautifier & Protectant
New Glass 2 is not a wax and does not require polishing or buffing. One quart will restore a 32 to 40 Yacht, Boat or Recreational Vehicle.

Following an easy scrub with a mild abrasive cleaner and a thorough rinse with fresh water, New Glass 2 will be absorbed into the Fiberglass Gel Coat by simply wiping on multiple thin coats. A strong chemical bond forms that restores faded colors and provides long lasting protection with a new shine.

It's Easy - No Rubbing--No Buffing
NO COMPOUNDING

Old 05-29-06, 07:08 PM
Gel Coat

Thank you for the information. I went to the web site and read a little more on the product. I did read some threads from a few folks who do not like the product however, with a 16 year old RV, it can't hurt.

Regards,

Steve

Old 06-05-06, 08:54 AM
Where can this product be purchased?

Originally Posted by peterr
>>NewGlass2
Fiberglass Beautifier & Protectant
New Glass 2 is not a wax and does not require polishing or buffing. One quart will restore a 32 to 40 Yacht, Boat or Recreational Vehicle.

Following an easy scrub with a mild abrasive cleaner and a thorough rinse with fresh water, New Glass 2 will be absorbed into the Fiberglass Gel Coat by simply wiping on multiple thin coats. A strong chemical bond forms that restores faded colors and provides long lasting protection with a new shine.

It's Easy - No Rubbing--No Buffing
NO COMPOUNDING