transmission problem

Old 06-02-06, 11:40 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
transmission problem

I have a 1993 fleetwood pace arrow motorhome with a 454 chevy engine and auto trans w/OD and 2speed gear reduction that I think was added or after market. The problem I am having is when I drive for a long time (2 hours or more) and the transe kicks down from over drive When accellerating up hill then it will not go back in over drive till I stop and shut down for 6 hours or more. Some times it will kick down on its own whithout accellerating when driving for a long time. The last time this happened I do not have over drive at all. Durring these symtoms there has been no slipping of gears or shutter, just a normal shift down and no O/D. Transmission fluid leval and color is OK, no leaks, no engine light on, and no other symtoms. Some help woudl be very much appriceated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-06, 10:53 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Try this

If your transmission is also from Chevolet, there is a siloniod inside the transmission which may be causing the problem. It should not cost but $130 bucks to repair ( your camper maybe more do to the size ) You may want to ask your repair person.
Good luck,