Old 05-08-06, 06:14 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Well I finally bought an RV for my first time no more tents my family don’t know yet going to surprise them on the may long weekend when we go camping I got a 30 foot 2004 Gulfstream Ultra Chevy powered I know I am the Mod for this forum but only have repair experience so my question would be what kind of advice dos and don’ts can you give any good stories of what not to do let me and any other newbie’s know

Old 05-08-06, 08:01 PM
ALMOST
Visiting Guest
auto doc

glad to here you are about to have some real fun with your new rv , first thing i can think of is when you enter rv camp ground , watch out for limbs on trees , they can do alot of damage to your roof , i found some level stick on's at walmart that help big time in leveling your rv at your site , these levels tell you just how much wood you will need to level out your rv and they are real cheap , when the wind picks up well your camping , make sure you either roll up awning which i perfer , or stake it down , i'm sure there is more to warn you about , have fun

Old 05-09-06, 05:39 AM
A
thanks for advice i never thought about leveling or the wind good ideas

Old 05-11-06, 09:38 PM
R
not only watch over head, but careful backing up, bumpers on RV's are really for show only

Old 05-25-06, 08:55 AM
my only advice: don't forget to put the step up/in before you take off!

many years ago, my dad rented a big ol' Winnebago for a family trip down to the Branson, MO area. we all piled in & he took off. we didn't get 3 blocks away when we had to go over a bridge where the street went over a railroad track. he was in the righthand lane.....the step hit the side of the bridge & got whacked clean off!

not a good start for a vacation!

Old 05-26-06, 01:27 PM
A
well our first adventure is over every thing went smooth no problems and its the first time my kids didnt argue and fight on the trip this has got to be my best envestment thus far with my wife and I with our 5 kids it worked perfect we went to see the movie RV before our trip though glad we didnt have that much adventure LOL
thanks everone for the great advice .

Old 06-09-06, 10:19 PM
RV's

I imagine RV's are a lot of fun when you go camping and to the middle of nowhere, like riding an atv and even hunting, I don't see too much use for them when going to a populated area where you're better off on a hotel room or maybe not, I guess they're for whoever likes them regardless of any cost/benefit discussion.
The reason I think I'll never buy one is this : I have the impression that once RV's get old and out of fashion they become an ugly duckling and are hard to get rid of, let alone trade in, just like boats ? do I have a point here or not ?
I mean a car you can always find someone who you can sell it to but an rv ?
sorry just late night gibberish I guess

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: