Any ideas for this 93 ford E350 Econoline Van?

Old 06-29-06, 06:19 PM
Any ideas for this 93 ford E350 Econoline Van?

Under power (under a strain) the air condition transfers the air from the vent to the defroster duct. When you left off the gas it comes back in the vent like its suppose to.

Already changed the switch, checked everything.

Could it be vaccuum pod? Someone told me it could be but he didn't explain it thoroughly so I am not sure what to check or what it could be.

Thanks,
Keri

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-06, 06:29 PM
Its likely that you have either a very small vacuum leak, or not enough reserve vacuum when the vehicle is put under load. Check your vacuum lines from the A/C controls to the engine. It could be that the vacuum "pod" has a hairline crack, or just a vacuum line that is dry rotted, or collapsed and with the reduced engine vacuum from the load it shows up in the A/C controls. We fix this pretty often on the Jeeps and Dodges with a small reservoir between the manifold vacuum and the line that goes to the controls.
Of course it could be engine wear not making enough vacuum to supply all of your vacuum operated components under load. The best thing to do is check the engine vacuum first with a vacuum gage directly off of the manifold. As long as you have more than 17inHg at idle you have sufficient vacuum. If you have less than that then check all of your vacuum lines. If you cant find any problems there then suspect engine wear.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 06-29-06, 06:44 PM
Thank you and will keep ya posted. You helped out bunches!

Keri

Old 07-28-06, 06:51 PM
I have same problem in 1992 E350

Any success solving the problem? I replaced several vacuum lines and the AC control head, too, but still have the problem. I am going to check the brake booster and the vacuum accumulator (pod) next. Any other ideas?

Thanks, Tom