generator question ?

Old 07-20-06, 08:42 PM
generator question ?

I have a Oaknon ( sp ) generator on board my class A Winneago, can I run the generator while driving ????

I have used it stationary to run A/C and TV even to cook, but traveling in Florida this month and wondered if I could run the generator, to run A/C and TV while traveling ??

will generator get proper cooling, and will A/C encounter any problems like not getting air flow, I have the roof top A/C

I asked before and even read the owners manual, but see nothing where it says you cant run it while driving interstate speeds....help....leaving on a trip next Thursday

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-06, 08:57 PM
i run mine all the time the kids like to watch movies and use pla station games while on the trip i have never had a problem i have talked to others that do the same as for the cooling part i imagen it would be cooler while driving as wind rushes by than just sitting under the rv with no circulation

Old 07-23-06, 05:43 PM
Generator...

I think thats ONAN, I ran one in my Winnebago many times, no problems, TV, A/C & mostly that microwave, warming up those do-nuts....My Dodge A/C would not cool the thing in FLA...Don"t think you will have any problems......

Old 07-23-06, 09:58 PM
thanks for the help, it only uses like 1 gal per hour with A/C running so $ 3 per hour for an 8 hour trip is well worth it to keep everyone cool, I guess the A/c air flow is not a problem as it draws in the air from inside.. I wasn't even thinking about that...

another question the hour meter seems to turn while gen is off and engine is running, dosent do it all the time, but especially after I have run the gen and shut it down // any thoughts