ford e 350 speed odometer cable

Old 11-24-06, 01:03 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ford e 350 speed odometer cable

I have a 1987 rv with a ford e350 with cruise control. I ve noticed the speedometer cable is starting to make a weird squeaking noise.My question is how do you get to the cable in the dash and are these cable something that you can grease or just get a new cable.On any other car or truck i ve had i could just reach behind the dash and disconnect the cable but this one has no room for that. I tried taking the speedometer out from the dash front but couldn't disconnect everything that was plugged into the back. If anyone has any advise about this would i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Old 11-24-06, 04:47 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
You might try working from the other end. Unscrew the connector at the trans and see if the cable will pull out of the housing. Most cables will have a retainer at one end or the other so that it will only pull out in one direction. I'm thinking the retainer will be at the upper end and working from the lower end may not help, but probably worth a try before you go dismantling the instrument panel.

Looks like the speedo end is a quick disconnect:

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0a/38/dd/0900823d800a38dd.jsp

Old 11-24-06, 05:35 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
350e speedometer

thanks for the info. Ill give that a try.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: