Aluminum truck cap?

Old 12-14-06, 07:48 PM
Question Aluminum truck cap?

I have a 8 ft aluminum truck cap thats in good shap just needs some paint and 4 peices of plexy glass. It has the plastic bubble windows and one is broke so I figured on replacing them with plexy glass. My dad has the same cap and it looks pretty nice. This one is in good shape no dents or anything.

Heres my question, what is it worth? I dont need it and was going to scrap it but if its worth something maybe Ill fix it up and sell it. I was told scrap aluminum is $1.95 a pound. My sister wants one for her truck and will probably buy it once she sees it looking good if its not to expensive.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-06, 04:21 AM
When I have something like that I want to sell I'll buy the local Trading Post magazine and see what others are asking for it.

Just give it to your Sis for Christmas.

Old 12-15-06, 05:41 AM
A used truck cap that needs that much work - repainting and new window installation - probably would not sell for much if anything. One could probably purchase a new one for what it would cost to have a body shop paint it. See if your sister would take it for free as is. Save yourself a lot of work and be rid of the thing.

Old 12-15-06, 03:53 PM
My sister dont want it, she says she dont want it because it came off a ford. I'll keep an eye pealed in the paper and Ill see what 4 windows will set me back. Im figuring I could get around 40 bucks for it at the scrap yard.

Old 05-25-07, 07:54 AM
I'm curious, was the scrap yard willing to even take this old top for free?

Old 05-25-07, 07:47 PM
I havent hauled it in yet, I tried to pawn it off on my sister but she doesnt want it because it was on a ford. I have 2 Im going to haul in as soon as I get the time. They should give me $0.62 a pund for it if I take anything thats not aluminum off it.