Condensor for '51 Ford V8 (6volt)

Old 02-03-07, 08:11 AM
Question Condensor for '51 Ford V8 (6volt)

My dad is looking for a condensor for his "51 Ford V8. It's a 6 volt system and we've looked everywhere but can't seem to find one. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-07, 09:18 AM
Group Moderator
The last time I went to the parts store we have here in town, I needed a water pump for my '53 chevy. I figured they would have to order it, but lo and behold, they had it in stock. Amazing. I've got a lot of other parts for it in the past too. Just send me a private message.

Old 02-03-07, 09:47 AM
condensor as in, points and condensor most any part store should have one available, sure the car is old but regular maintence things like points and condensor should still be carried by most parts stores.

Old 02-03-07, 11:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Most parts stores can't look up parts for something that old. Dennis Carpenter ford reproductions is a good place for hard to find parts.

My 51 F1 V8 uses the same points, rotor button and I belive the same condensor as my 53 ford tractor, so I often pick up those parts at my local tractor parts store

Old 02-03-07, 01:11 PM
thats a good point about using a tractor supply place as they are likely the same, there is a few auto parts stores that carry points and condensor for the old 8n tractors while the computer parts lookup doesnt go back that far they should have a book to look it up if they stocked the parts and if the counter person was willing to look it up.

Old 02-03-07, 05:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Now that I think about it the points, condensor and rotor button that are in my truck came from a tractor parts/repair center. I just asked for the points and all for a 53 ford jubilee - NAA.

Old 02-04-07, 05:51 PM
NAPA has older parts , or can get them, tom