Battery going dead

Old 02-04-07, 05:24 PM
Battery going dead

Okay, it started 2 months ago in December. When I leave my 2003 Chevrolet full size parked for over approximately 15 hours or so the battery goes dead. It is typically overnight when the weather is cold. I've checked the ground and it is tight. The connections to the battery are all good and tight. There is nothing wired onto the battery that is drawing juice either. The battery is also brand new. The temperature gets down to about 22 degrees here at night right now, but noone else I know is having this kind of problem. I can use my farm truck to jump start my 2003 and it will kick right over and start on the first try. There are no visible cracks or corosion on the battery. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-07, 06:01 PM
have u tryed diconnecting the batt , and seeing if it starts in the morn,if it does uhave a draw somewhere, discon one of the term ,put a test light between the term and batt, if it lights u have a draw, start pulling fuses till light goes out,than u will know where the draws comming from, tom

Old 02-04-07, 06:04 PM
when u do the test , make sure the door swithes are closed and if it has a hood light, discon, tom

Old 02-04-07, 08:29 PM
i thought about doing that with the battery but i decided not to..now that you mention it, i think i'll go ahead and try it...thanks

Old 02-04-07, 09:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If the overnight battery disconnect test does not solve the problem. ie. the battery is still dead, have the battery tested. A small percentage of new batteries have problems like a shorted cell. You may be the "lucky" owner of one.